If you’d like to watch the original video click HERE
1. A Popular Book or series that you didn’t like.
Goosebumps by R.L. Stine , the reason I didn’t like it simply because I found them predictable (i read it when i was in high school), and even though I disliked them they were my (ex) best friends favorite so she pushed them on me to read them.
2. A Popular Book or series that every one else seems to hate but you love.
Tokyo Ghoul and Tokyo Ghoul : re. currently ongoing series of manga with strong themes and the “fans” are now outraged by some of the character developments. but I still love it (maybe because I’m beyond fucked up too.) and those who complain and go so far as to burn or rip to sheds their books just because one character doesnt have the happy ending their sheltered little heart wants is just ridiculous to me.
3. A Love Triangle where the main character ended up with the person you did NOT want them to end up with (warn ppl for spoilers) OR an OTP that you don’t like.
Escape Journey it is a gay manga with little to no explicit scenes. but the main characters relationship is just pissing me off. first the top has a huge emotional baggage that he carries around with himself and unable to open up about it because he doesnt want to burden his lover and the lover when they break up and kinda about to make up simply rides off with a dude who is already in a relationship with someone else. its a really infuriating manga.
Kuchizuke wa Uso no Aji its an adult gay manga where the bottom is a con man who scams the top (repeatedly) out of his money and their love is just fucked up, and it doesnt even feel like love just this possessive “im gonna show it to you!” sorta feeling and they would be better off alone both of them.
Soukyoku they are biological identical twins. they are both awful and they manipulate each other with engaging in physical relationship. its just awful and i personally hate mangas that romanticize incest, rape, and all sorts of manipulative abusive relationships.
Matched (Matched #1) by Ally Condie this girl had a good life. an ordinary life a good boy who was her fated match but nooooooooooooooooooo she had to chase the trashy bad boy with the shit past. I only read the first book but I dont plan on reading any more since I was spoiled for it and I know whats gonna happen.
4. A popular book Genre that you hardly reach for.
historical fiction, poetry, christian romances, ya, dystopian, chick lit, heterosexual romance novels,
5. A popular or beloved character that you do not like.
6. A popular author that you can’t seem to get into.
colleen hoover, cassandra clare, john green (i hate his every single writing ive read so far)
7. A popular book trope that you’re tired of seeing. (examples “lost princess”, corrupt ruler, love triangles, etc.)
in crime books the unnecessary detective- victim or witness romance,
in ya the special snowflake who will make the entire nation rise up against the government
the bad boy with dark past
the boy with awful personality but he is cute when he smiles and has dimples on his cheeks
love triangles where its bad boy vs. good boy.
8. A popular series that you have no interest in reading.
9. The saying goes “The book is always better than the movie”, but what movie or T.V. show adaptation do you prefer more than the book?